Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Power of Prayer



This blog started a week ago. Either I was busy and didn't have the time I needed to devote to it, or God needed me to wait to do it properly, I don't know, but it's now time! I'm praying that it is taken in the context it is "whole heartedly, graciously, lovingly" intended. (I love you Kari!!!)

Most of you know I've been dealing with some medical issues. On Friday the 13th, I had gone back to the doctor to get results of the tests I had had done and to hopefully finally have "the answers"......the answer--more tests. Anyway, my friends and family (church family included of course!) were praying faithfully for me and my situation and were anxiously waiting to hear "the answers". I texted, twittered, and called everyone when Mark & I left the doctor's office. I never, NEVER worry about people not praying. I'm am BLESSED to be surrounded by prayer warriors! Knowing that sure does make the peace I feel more "peaceful" if that makes sense to you.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7


Last Monday morning (2/16) I was literally brought to my knees (and face)! I was checking my emails, which I pledged to do regularly this year (still working on that).....any way, there was one particular email that "drew me" to it before any of the others. It was an email from a special lady who is dealing with her own medical issues. Here's what I found----as you read this, you are getting them latest response first:

3.to me:
"The reply was touching thought u needed to know" Kari

2.to Kari:
from judy @ wibi.org
Re: WIBI Prayer Request Form

Dear Kari, We are joining with you and all those who love Toni trusting God to walk with her step by step. He has promised to never leave us or forsake us.

Psalm 62:5-7 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. 6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. 7My salvation and my honor depend on God' he is my mighty rock, my refuge.

Blessings, Judy....Prayer Team

1.to prayer @wibi.org
from Kari

Request A very DEAR friend has learned of cystis on her ovary etc and needs prayers! She is such a devoted woman to CHRIST to others to her husband and children! She never gets just one minute for herself. SHE TRUELY IS A AMAZING WOMAN!!! I just hope she gets thru this ok and receives the kindness she shares with all of man kind everyday......(Toni Stewart is her name) Thank you so much!!!!


Are you crying now too????? Understand why I was brought to my knees? I was so humbled!! For Kari to do this selfless act, words cannot begin to express what my heart is/was feeling! THANK YOU GOD!! Here was my response to her through my tears:

oh my beautiful..........THANK YOU!!! You NEVER cease to amaze me?? I KNOW I'll be ok......God is GREAT!! He has me in His loving arms & takes care of me EVERYDAY!! He gives me my next breath. He's MY everything!! Thank you for asking others for prayers. He hears them all!!! I love you!! Know what else, God loves you too!!!

This gesture----this wonderful caring, loving gesture was made by one of God's beautiful children that I have been trying to share with & convince that He DOES love her. He DOES know her thoughts & prayers. He IS always with her. I KNOW God is tugging on her heart! I KNOW God trying to reach her! I am now praying SHE knows it and allows Him in. The AMAZING love and peace she would feel........AMAZING!!!

Then, as if there could be more, on Tuesday 2/17, she gave me the most beautiful cross necklace for Valentine's Day. More tears!!!! Now everyday when I put my cross around my neck, I let her know she also is around my neck with her love!!!

Now I'm asking you all to pray for Kari.....pray she continues to feel......to love......to grow!!

Kari, "night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers." 2 Timothy 1:3

Thank you Kari........I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment