Monday, February 9, 2009

PEACE!!


I usually don't have a blog topic so quickly.....but, today I was flooded with emotion!! I didn't even need my "voice" to speak!! It was all around me. It's ALWAYS all around me! PEACE!!!

Today is really no different than any other day, except I'm having to put myself & my health first before everyone & everything! That's a struggle for me.....getting better though and that's what brings me to this blog today.

Got up, coffee, breakfast (something new since my 1st place 4 health class), laundry, morning housework, etc. I checked my email (about as far as that goes, if I'm lucky....a New's Year Resolution I've still not concurred) & chatted with my twitter tweets!! I stopped by Dianne & Miranda's for our morning "session" (not as faithful with that this year unfortunately), & then on my way to church to take care of business, a dear, special friend texted me to see how I was feeling today & offering her help with errands, food, whatever! She herself is dealing with medical issues & she wanted to help me.

That's when I was overcome with "my life". The today, here & now!! "WOW!! How blessed I truly am!!!"

I just wanted to shout at the top of my lungs............."if they could see me now!" If someone would have told me as recent as 2 years ago I'd be here today, I probably would have been taking them to the doctor!! Me, Toni, walking into my church and LOVING it!!!! It's like taking my next breath. I look forward to ANYTHING involving church. I'm teaching Sunday school to 4-5 year olds---me, a Sunday school teacher!! I'm taking & LOVING Bible studies! I'm actively involved in many ministries. Mark & I are Home Team Pastors, are you kidding me?? God is FULL of love, patience, mercy & grace! My friends.......wow, my friends......they love me for ME!!! REALLY love ME for me!! Not one day goes by that I'm not in communication for MANY of them.........all I can say again is WOW!!!!!

God loves ME for ME!!! He KNOWS everything too.............EVERYTHING!!! He's forgiven me. He encourages me. He strengthens me. He KNOWS me! He gives me mercy & grace every day!!

On my way home for my ultrasound today, my mind was still counting my blessings when this came on the radio (now not exactly per word, but you'll get the idea):

Thank you for everything. Thank you for loving me. No matter what tomorrow brings, thank you God for everything. Thank you for the sun & rain. Thank you! Thank you for what you give and take away. Thank you!!!

That's it!!! I'm sooooooo thankful!! I'm thankful for my peace!!

I'm hoping you CAN see me NOW!!!

I love you all!!



1 comment:

  1. Toni, I am so proud of you for FINALLY taking care of yourself and your health! We all love you and would never want to not have that amusing laugh of yours in our lives! Of course we love you for you and everything about you! You ARE special and LOVED VERY MUCH! God loves you and so do I! (Sounnd familiar?) I am sure that many of us have heard that from time to time from you...now it is your turn to hear it from us!

    Love You Always!

    ReplyDelete