Monday, February 16, 2009

God's Gift Today



Ever have a day that you KNOW down in your core that it's a gift from God? Today was one of those days for me! I have been blessed with MANY God-loving, God-serving, God-filled people. Among those people are children. God's beautiful children!!! I am blessed and humbled to have a "special" relationship with these children. For some reason, (it HAS to be God) they like me!!

Wednesday night while we were cleaning up the kitchen at church after our meal, Isaac Daugherty asked me when I was coming over to play Wii with them. You see, I had promised (1st mistake) that I would come play "some day"-----but "some day" never comes, right??? WRONG!! When you tell kids your going to do something, their memory is better than an elephant's. There I was.....put on the spot & in church at that! What to do....what to do.....

Beautiful Isaac earlier in the day had winked at me as he cut through the kitchen (melt my heart) and then later, he told me he would be my Valentine for 1 second--if I wanted him to be..........that's it........he stole my heart!!! Now, you see my dilemma? Play Wii with them.......don't they know I'm TERRIFIED of video games????? I have NO hand-eye coordination. They talked and talked about boxing.....beating each other up. Bowling, tennis, golf...........are you kidding me???? My language required serious SERIOUS repenting when I golf...........what to do???? Quick......they are staring me down.......ANSWER please!!!!

Oh alright.......I told them since they didn't have school Monday (today) that if it was ok with their Mom & I didn't have to take care of my grandpa, I would come over and play Wii with them, but they would have to remind me. (Mistake #2) Remember the elephant thing.....they didn't forget!!!!

This morning I was busy doing my errands, when a text message came to me asking when I was coming over today to play Wii. Before I could send a message back, my phone was ringing. No escaping them.............they were holding me to my word. God's children!!! Now here I was again put on the spot..........I could have said "NO, I'm busy", but I knew this was a true gift from God that I couldn't let pass me by. "Yes, if it's ok with Mommy, I'll be over there about 2. Call me when it's ok." There, I did it!! (Mistake #3?????)


See this picture of the baby playing Wii........the baby could beat me!! It's ok though.......the excitement in Taylor, Isaac, & Luke's eyes & heart when I walked through the door was my gift!!! THANK YOU GOD!! They promised me they wouldn't beat me up......I practiced (if you call it that.....remember, I DON'T do video games.....just ask my kids-----can't wait til they hear what I did). I did the Wii Fit Challenge......ha ha ha!! I'm a vibrant 74 year old......look out Social Security & Senior Citizen Discount!! OH YEAH!!! After I recovered from my humilation, I played 2 games with each of them. When it was time for me to leave, they wanted to know when I was coming back!! THANK YOU GOD for putting me on the spot!! Thank you Daugherty kids!! I love you!!!


Please-----please don't pass up God's gifts!! I'm sure glad I didn't!!

No comments:

Post a Comment